I love to learn and try new things in my quest to become a better teacher! When I started in my first classroom, I felt I knew much about how to be a great teacher. After 20 years of teaching, in many different schools, classrooms, and settings, I feel like I have more to learn than ever before. I hope that this blog will be an outlet to gather my thoughts and learnings in this quest.
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Fair does NOT mean equal...especially in the sense of getting technology in the hands of teachers!
Just got done reading TeachTheCloud's post on educational technology (Tools of the Trade). The gist of the article is that often it is not in anyone's best interest to try and stick all the great new technology tools in every classroom. This is a viewpoint that I think I agree with whole-heartedly! In my current school, built just 2 years ago, we all were given a document camera. I know that there are many classrooms that this technology is going unused. I guess it one of the things I can do, to help encourage others to use the technology given to them. It is hard, though. I think also that the idea of not all technology being applicable to every classroom is true too. Some technology is better for certain disciplines than others; to equalize the placement of all technology may end up with money being spent on things that end up never being used at all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment